martes, 22 de enero de 2008

To end the Trilogy



Zola at the office

Also a painting by Manet... In this one I decided to go even a litle bit more pop. The simbolism has gon up a bit, because now we don't have osiris personified to represent ancient culture. I have reduced him to a mummy. Well actualy, Emil Zola is partly mummified. I really don't know if he was right handed, but since its the most common thing, I mummified his right arm to simbolize tradition. The book he is reading is suppost to be a the best seller novell HARRY POTTER...(jijijiji)

In the backround the original painting had some images of influeces that Manet and the rest of the impresionsits had. I think it was a japonese engraving by an artis called Utagawa Kuniyaki, a picture of Velazquez' "Los Borrachos" and a picture of his Olimpia.In my version there is insted of the japonese restler you have Anthony who is an anime caracter from a series called Candy Candy ( I grew up watchin this shit!), then instead of the drunkenmen i put Wayne and Garth from the movie Wayne's World, and my own olimpia.
The whole setting has changed from a nice 1868 writers little corner to a cubicle in an overcrowded office in the year 2007

No hay comentarios: